I Need Some Fresh Eyre

In which Ms. Blue Jeans balances bohemian with bourgeois and tries to live the Snoopy dance.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottesville, VA, United States

Saturday, September 17, 2005

The Ways in Which

A Language is catchable, like a Disease. Some are more pernicious than others; some sink their Teeth into your Brain-stem. Symptoms pop up like Pox: tautology, mimesis, teleological. And spread in thick Rash-rings: the ways in which, a site for, written into, reading into. A Textbook Case.
Give me an Injection of Standard, give me a cold Compress over the Mouth. Give me translation therapy:
Mimesis means what? Monkey-see, monkey-do. A distinguished Doctor once told me I wrote Poems as if I knew what a Poem was, but not what it felt like. We know what Discourse is supposed to sound like. We seek out our Symptoms, docile and diligent. We know that a very bad Irritation of the Skin makes people fear to come closer, even to look closer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home